Bourne Digital Full Time or Part Time Mentors
FULL TIME or PART-TIME MENTORS (BOURNEMOUTH/POOLE)
HOURS FLEXIBLE 14 - 35 PER WEEK (CAN BE WORKED DURING SCHOOL HOURS)
£19,160.71 pro rata
This is a fixed term contract to 30 April 2021
Benefits include: Pension scheme, Healthcare Scheme, 31 days paid leave per annum pro rata (including Bank holidays) and training as appropriate.
The Bourne Digital project is an exciting new opportunity for unemployed or under employed adults in Bournemouth to improve their digital skills and awareness to aid their progression into opportunities in education, training and work. The project is funded through Good Things Foundation Power Up Initiative.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will work across Bournemouth to engage participants onto the Bourne Digital project and support the participant’s digital journey, assessing their digital skills and signposting to partners’ provision as appropriate.
You will advocate on behalf of the participant and liaise with partners to maximize opportunities for participants to meet project targets. You will provide 1:1 mentoring including 1.5 hours face-to-face mentor support per participant per week and record interventions on the company’s database so that successes can be tracked and reported on.
Successful candidates must:
- Have experience working with Adults or Young People in an education or training setting or hold, or be working towards, a level 3 qualification in a relevant subject eg Advice and Guidance
- Demonstrate a flexible and adaptable approach to working with people, with the ability to engage with participants from a variety of backgrounds and develop relationships to a positive outcome
- Have excellent time management skills and able to work under pressure and to target
- Demonstrate excellent communication, digital and presentation skills
- Have proven networking skills and a collaborative approach to working with partners and colleagues
- Be a positive and proactive member of the team
- Be able to drive and have access to a car
Ansbury is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults and you will be required to undertake a DBS disclosure check at enhanced level.
Travel across Bournemouth and Poole is an essential part of this role.
To apply find out more here or contact HR on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01202 677557. Closing date for applications: noon Friday 7 February 2020 (reference A1/20).
People from all backgrounds are welcome to apply.
Power Up is run by Good Things Foundation, with financial support from J.P. Morgan.
Power Up aims to drive economic and social inclusion through digital skills, powering up people, provision and places.
Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Ansbury Guidance is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. Company number 3029316, Registered Charity number 1160444.
|Back to Listing||Apply Now|