How to Find an Apprenticeship
You should start looking from around October of your last year at school.
To find an Apprenticeship you need to:
- Click on Find an Apprenticeship at:
- Apply to Training Providers who will first call you for an aptitude test, before interviewing and assisting you in your search to find an employer.
- Look for job adverts online, in the local press and upon the Careers Notice Board at school
- Larger companies will advertise early (from around October/November, often using their own websites. Examples include Sunseeker, BT, British Gas, Cobham/Flight Refuelling, Dorset Council
- Produce a good CV and send it to companies you are interested in
- Ask everyone you know to look out for opportunities for you
- Apply for a full time college course as a back-up option – you won’t be committed and can always turn it down later
- Acquire relevant work experience that will improve the look of your CV