What is Face Forward?
In a nutshell...
Face Forward is a new project in Dorset that helps young people (15-24 years old) to move forward with life.
The project is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery, through the Big Lottery Fund, and it launched in April 2017.
Face Forward is delivered by Ansbury Guidance in partnership with multiple organisations across Dorset. This partnership allows us to offer support tailored to your needs and personal preferences, because if we cannot help you directly, we have the right connections to refer you to other local organisations.
Have you heard...So far, we’ve already worked with more than 100 young people across Dorset!
We’re here to help young adults who are struggling to find a job or enter education/training due to 'personal or circumstantial barriers'.
When we say ‘personal or circumstantial barriers’ we mean issues that are preventing them from moving on with their lives. We know that this is very broad – but we actually can help many people, coming from very different backgrounds!
Just to put some examples…
- We can help you if you’re living in a rural area and you’re struggling to get a job because you can’t access regular public transport.
- We can help if you’ve got a physical health condition that is affecting your emotions and your day-to-day life.
- We can help you if you often feel anxious, you've got low self-confidence and/or self-esteem or if you’ve got depression.
- We can support you if you’re a young carer (this means that you’re taking care of a relative of friend).
- We can help you if you’re a young parent.
- We can help you if you’ve got problems with alcohol or drugs.
Watch this video to find out more about Face Forward and how we could help you!
Follow Face Forward on social media!