What are Employability Skills?
What are employability skills? Employability skills are about what you can do and about your attitude and behaviour, not about the qualifications or knowledge you need for a particular career. They are the qualities most employers want. Employability skills include:
- A positive attitude and being keen to learn. This includes looking interested and being enthusiastic
- Being organised, reliable and on time
- Working well in a team and with managers and other staff and knowing how to behave appropriately
- Flexibility – being happy to do extra or different jobs when needed
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Maths and IT skills
So, when you are applying for an apprenticeship demonstrate those things as well as your qualifications.