We are continuing to support our clients through lockdown
We are now recruiting for January 2021
With the busy Christmas period approaching, the Bourne Digital project welcomes new clients and says goodbye to those who have moved onto new courses and continue their journey elsewhere. This includes Martin, who can be seen below, proudly receiving his Bourne Digital Certificate of Achievement at Bournemouth library - read more about Martin’s story.
We are also pleased to share with you, some of the results from our first group of clients who started with us back in August 2020, including:
- 86% rated our 12-week online confidence building course 4 or 5 stars
- 100% achieved what they wanted to
- 100% of clients improved their digital confidence
- 86% rated their online safety awareness as now confident or very confident
If data is your thing, you can check out an infographic of the Group 1 results here.
We have also produced three highly informative Group 1 case studies, many thanks to Martin, Soraya and Hazel.
From the Group 1 feedback we received, we could have shared many great quotes, but the client below quote sums up what the Bourne Digital project sets out to achieve perfectly:
“It provided me with more confidence, and I am no longer afraid of IT. I can now search the internet more effectively and have more awareness of online safety”
If you would like to refer a client to us, here is a recap of who we are looking for:
- Live in Bournemouth (BH1-BH11) - we can take clients from Poole and Christchurch if they meet all the other criteria and are willing to travel to Bournemouth Library for face-to-face appointments. There is a small amount of funding available to cover mileage, car parking and bus fares if needed.
- Aged 19+ to 65
- Unemployed, and looking for work or underemployed and have the right to live and work in the UK
- Have no or exceptionally low digital skills and no digital device at home*.
*We can support clients who have low digital skills but do have a device, however, priority is given to those without.
If you know of anyone with no, or exceptionally low digital/computer skills and would like to join our course, you can contact us by completing our contact form or calling 01202 677557 to arrange a call back. We look forward to hearing from you.
Before clients are accepted on the course, they will be asked to take part in a phone assessment, to gauge their suitability for the programme. Clients who do not meet the project criteria will be referred to a National Careers Service appointment or to one of our partners for further support.
If you would like us to talk to your team or clients about the project, please do not hesitate to let a member of the team know.