Frequently asked questions
Here are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions about Face Forward. If you have any other questions, do NOT hesitate to ask! You can get in touch via email, telephone, or social media!
What can Face Forward do for me?
We can help you identify the issues that are stopping you from moving forward in life and to create a clear plan, with specific steps, to overcome your challenges and achieve your goals.
Here are some examples of what we can support you with:
- Employment: exploring your interests and ambitions, going to work tasters, writing your CV and enhancing your interviewing skills, finding volunteering opportunities.
- Confidence and self-esteem: taking up new hobbies, getting involved in activities you enjoy, including volunteering, sports or arts, getting out and about on your own, meeting new people.
- Education and Training: finding courses or training opportunities, attending open days, job shadowing and employer visits, support during the application process.
Is Face Forward free?
Yes, Face Forward is 100% free to join, comes with tons of other benefits and is tailored to meet your needs.
Okay, I want to get involved with Face Forward. What do I have to do?
That’s great– we look forward to meeting you! Getting started is very easy, just get in touch:
- Call us (9am - 5pm): 01202 677557
- Email us:
- Pop in one of our drop-in centres and speak directly to our team
- Fill out an online form
Whatever you choose, you’ll have to tell us about you (your name, age, and where you live) and how we can help.
How much support do I get?
We’ll start by setting realistic goals to achieve within three months. After this period, we’ll discuss with you your progress.
That said, we’re very flexible! If you need more support, we’ll be here to help!
I live in a remote location, what help can I get?
If you live in rural Dorset or a location that isn’t well connected, that’s fine! We’re a small team, but our advisers and apprentices are spread across Dorset.
We can travel to you, or pay for a taxi or public transport for you to come to our events and activities.
Can I still get involved if I can’t regularly commit to going to activities and events?
Yes, you can! Our 1:1 support sessions are available for everybody on Face Forward. We will travel to a location near you to talk through your career/ learning goals and help you identify any barriers that are in your way.
We'll still invite you to activities and events that we feel would benefit you, but you can always decide which ones you want to attend.
How is Face Forward different from other projects or services?
Here’s just a few reasons why we are unique:
- It’s not all about getting a job. We're here to help you make the most out of life - this might involve building self-confidence, finding a new hobby or meeting new people!
- We're cool. We’re a relaxed organisation and we won't put pressure on you at any time. Our team will treat you as the young adult you are.
- We have time and resources. We can see you individually and tailor our support to your needs.
- We want what you want. We're only interested in the jobs or learning opportunities that YOU are interested in.
- It's voluntary. You’re free to leave at any time or come back if you need it.
- We're incredibly well connected. We have the right resources or contacts to offer opportunities tailored to your needs.
Will I need to travel to get involved with Face Forward?
Not necessarily. If you want to join Face Forward, we can speak over the phone or via email.
Once you’ve signed up, our advisers can travel to you or you can come to one of our drop-in centres in Blandford, Bournemouth, Dorchester or Poole.
Face Forward is commited to reducing our enviromental impact and continually improving our enviromental performance as an integral part of our organsiation.