Getting the best advice for your children
As parents we all want the best for our children, this includes supporting them to make choices at 14, 16 and 18 and throughout their early careers.
They need professional information, advice and careers guidance to understand the options that are available to them and to make wise decisions about their futures.
We support young people to achieve their aspirations in a number of ways:
- At aged 13/14 to choose GCSEs and to start career planning
- At aged 16 to plan their next step and make decisions about employment, training, further and higher education i.e. A levels, other post 16 study, apprenticeships etc.
- At 18 to plan higher education courses, support with UCAS applications and investigating specialist courses or careers
- At aged 18 to explore alternatives to full time education (i.e. sponsored degrees, school leaver programmes, apprenticeships)
- Plan productive gap years and volunteering opportunities
- At University, getting ready to apply for a job
- University graduates who need help in making career decisions and being successful in job search
They will receive focused action plans which can be discussed at home and used to support them to move forward.
If you would like to support your children to make effective career decisions, we can offer them careers guidance interview/s or a package to meet their needs.