Georgie's top acts of kindness
Without realising it, you probably do small acts of kindness every day.
Whether this be texting your friend to see how they are, making a work colleague smile when they’re down or holding the door open for a stranger – all these things are thoughtful and kind gestures!
The 17th of February is Random Act of Kindness day – this is the perfect time to take a few minutes of your day to show kindness to someone else.
How can you get involved? Here are a few suggestions:
- Give a compliment – This gesture is free and easy to do, it also makes the receiver feel good about themselves.
- Put a note in your other half’s bag – A simple note saying ‘Have a good day’ or ‘I love you’ can be a lovely surprise a lunch time.
- Hold the door open for someone else – This simple act of kindness just requires you to look around and noticed those around you. Holding open a door for someone can help a stranger and possibly make their day.
- Send a letter or care parcel to your friend – whether you live next door to one another, or at other ends of the country, sending a letter or care package is an amazing gesture of love and thoughtfulness.
- Smile at a stranger – If you’re walking to work or catching the bus – if you happen to catch someone’s eye, give them a smile. It could make their day a little brighter.
- Be kind to yourself – While being kind to others is important, so is being kind to yourself. Before bed write down 3 things that you are grateful for and remember that you are also important.
Face Forward is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery, through the Big Lottery Fund.