Bourne Digital is no longer taking new clients, as the final programme is now full. Please call 01202 677557 to discuss alternative opportunities.
Thank you to everyone who has joined the Bourne Digital project and to those who have signposted clients to us.
Confused by computers? Scratching your head over daily digital tasks? Lack of technology skills holding you back from employment?
Bourne Digital can help you gain the digital confidence you need.
Who is Bourne Digital for?
With digital technology now touching almost every aspect of our personal and professional lives, our Bourne Digital project has been set up in response to the growing need for digital skills living in Bournemouth.
Open to those aged 19 - 65 with no or very low digital skills, we will support you as a beginner digital user to grow confidence in using technology, so digital skills no longer have to be a barrier in your daily life, employment, study opportunities, or progression.
How can we support you?
One of our project Mentors will start by creating a plan of the digital skills you’d like to learn and introduce you to your Digital Champion, who will support you through our free 12-week online Digital Confidence-Building programme. By the end of the programme, you’ll have gained the skills to overcome your digital barriers and the self-confidence to keep progressing.
What will you learn?
- To confidently use a computer, mouse and keyboard
- Use email, social media and search engines
- Communicate and network online for work and social purposes
- Keep yourself and others safe when using digital devices
- Complete a digital CV or online job application
- Gain confidence for online interviews
- Enhance your ability to search and apply for work online
- Access a wider range of online courses to improve skills
- Employment support via our team of Career Coaches
What do learners say?
“I had no computer skills at all. I couldn’t even turn a computer on. So when this opportunity came up I grabbed it with both hands!”
“It [technology] all felt so complex and baffling before, but I’m now confident and feel part of modern society.”
“Having a Digital Champion was one of the most appealing features of the programme for me. My Digital Champion would start each weekly session by asking ‘what would you like to learn today?’ so I got to choose the direction of the programme to suit my digital needs and meet my learning goals, and that was invaluable, to have this one-to-one support for free.”
“I had zero confidence on a computer, but here I am now: I can turn on a computer, sign in to applications, browse the internet, email, video chat and now I’m putting together my first digital CV. This was all completely alien to me before. My Digital Champion has given me the confidence to believe in myself, patiently answering any digital questions I have, and has even identified traits in me that will be beneficial when I apply to my next job. I now feel worthy.”
Why learn with Bourne Digital?
We’re different from other digital projects!
- 12 live taught sessions – recorded so you can catch up or listen again
- 1:1 Digital Champion support throughout the programme
- Remote course so you can learn from the location of your choice
- Free laptop loan and mobile data for the duration of the course if you do not have personal access to the necessary equipment already
- A certificate of achievement after completing the course
- Free support with a professional Careers Coach where they can support you to find further training courses, employment, complete a CV, prepare for interviews and much more.